Online Pressure Systems Safety Training
Tailored training delivered to meet your needs.
Working with Pressure Systems
Strata’s Working with Pressure Systems online training course provides delegates with an overview of the hazards and risks of working with pressure systems and how they may be mitigated. Attendees will learn through a combination of presented material, case studies, practical demonstrations and paperwork exercises. All course materials will be provided and each participant who completes the training will receive Certificate of Attendance from Strata Technology Ltd.
By the end of this course, you will understand:
- The sources, hazards and risks of gases at pressure
- The different hazards associated with hydraulic and pneumatic pressure
- The legal framework applicable to Pressure Systems
- How to control the risks associated with working with pressure
Who will benefit
Managers, scientists, engineers, technicians and apprentices requiring an appreciation of the risks and hazards of working with or alongside Pressure Systems.
The Working with Pressure Systems course lasts approximately 4 hours and comprises the following structure:
- Introduction to Pressure Systems
- Health and Safety at Work Act, 1974 (HASAWA)
- Practical Demonstration 1 (video)
- Pressure Systems Safety Regulations, 2000 (PSSR)
- Sources of pressure
- Control of pressure
- Practical Safety
- Practical demonstration 2 (video)
Venue & Contacts
The Pressure Systems Safety takes place online and is carried out by our in-house trainer. The online course has capacity for up to 10 delegates per session.
If you have more colleagues interested in this course, why not consider running it in-house where our trainer can come to you?
If there is specific subject matter or company specific detail that the delegates need to be aware of this could potentially be included time allowing.
Request a Free Quotation
Please complete the form or call +44 (0)1932 732340 for a free quotation on attending this course.
Quotes from Training Attendees
“This was better than most other courses! I learnt a lot of new information” M Bamford, UK
“The quiz at the beginning and going over at the end really helps to identify what I did and didn’t know” Olivia Whiteside, NPL, UK
Other Safety Awareness Topics
In addition to our online Pressure Systems Safety Training course we also offer safety awareness on the following topics:
- The different fittings, combinations allowed, mating faces etc.
- What to do in the event of an accident or failure using High Pressure
- Covering pressures up to 10,000 PSI
- How to tell if fittings are safe or too damaged to use. When is the right time to say a
- fitting has served its time and it’s time to replace it.
- How to safely vent and depressurise high pressure systems
- Types of pipe and tube work and associated fittings
- Different types of Seals (bonded seals, gaskets, O-rings)
- Different seat materials and the gases they can and cannot be used with (e.g. Nitrile, Neoprene, and PTFE)
- Oxygen depletion or enrichment and how to deal with it
- Health & Safety Law – Factories Act – a brief history
- Safety of pressure systems – ACOP L122
- Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974,
- The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- PED (Pressure Equipment Directive – 2014/68/EU)
- PER (Pressure Equipment (Safety) Regulations – 2016)
- Written schemes for pressure vessel above 250 bar litres
- Working with liquefied gases contained in a Dewar
- Gas volume calculations
- Practical considerations for carrying out pressure tests