Distillation column pilot plants are developed from Strata’s proprietary design modules. This modular approach allows flexible and rapid development of bespoke distillation pilot plants to meet your process requirements.
- Batch or continuous distillation column
- Any type of reboiler such as internal, kettle and thermosiphon can be configured
- Control systems can consist of simple standalone PID controllers, a PC based LabVIEW system with HMI, or a PLC system according to your requirements
- Column internals are typically high efficiency gauze structured packing where separation is critical (e.g. Sulzer DX) or random packing such as Intalox Saddles, Raschig Rings or Pall Rings
The distillation pilot plants are bespoke items but typical specifications are given below. Please get in touch to discuss your specific needs.
- Dimensions: Column diameters of 1/2″, 1″, 2″. Height 1-3 m. Footprint c. 2 by 2 m
- Configuration: Skid mounted on steel frame
- Instrumentation: Temperature, pressure, mass measurements. For control, column profiles and mass balance.
- Control system: PC based LabVIEW system. Touch screen HMI. Trends and data logging
- Control loops: Reflux ratio, condenser pressure
- Design conditions: Up to 150 °C and 10 barG
Interested? Get in touch with us here or call +44 (0)1932 732340 and we will be happy to help answer your questions and provide you with further information.