Strata’s process engineering team will work with you to develop your ideas into a process design. With decades of experience, we provide services in support of fundamental research to enable scale-up and commercialisation of your research processes.
All services offered are available on a consultancy basis or part of a fixed price work package. Below are the typical milestones and deliverables for a design and build project, followed by a list of offered services.
Conceptual Design and Feasibility Studies
Strata engineers will work with you to develop your ideas into a process design. Services include process schematics, developing process flow diagrams, mass and energy balances and providing preliminary budget and equipment sizing information.
Front End Engineering Design
We will produce a Front End Engineering Design (FEED) package from the conceptual design which can then be developed into P&IDs, basis of design, control philosophy and Functional Design Specification. Design and safety reviews, HAZOP studies and a cost estimate to build, install and commission would complete the package.
Detailed Design, Build and Commissioning
As part of the detailed design stage, we produce detailed equipment sizing and line sizing calculations, selection and specification of process equipment, relief device assessments and relief device sizing calculations. The process engineering team will support the project team through the entire project lifecycle by overseeing procurement and build activities through to installation and commissioning.
- Feasibility and concept design studies
- Process costs estimating and project budgeting
- Process simulation and modelling.
- Functional design specifications (FDS)
- Control strategy assessment and design
- Equipment design, specification and selection
- Mass and energy balances
- P&ID development
- Front End Engineering Design (FEED) packages
- Hydraulic and thermodynamic calculations
- Pressure systems design
- Automation and control system deign
- Hygienic design engineering
- Utilities design
- Clean-in-Place (CIP) design
- Process plant safety
- HAZOP studies
- ATEX/DSEAR hazardous area zoning and risk assessments
These services can be offered in any combination, tailored to your specific needs.
Interested? Get in touch with us here or call +44 (0)1932 732340 and we will be happy to help answer your questions and provide you with further information.