ICHEME ChemEngDay 2017
- Strata completes Phase 1 of BEIS Direct Air Capture innovation competition
- Supporting the UK’s net zero ambitions
- Consortium awarded Government Direct Air Capture funding
- Carbon capture takes centre stage at Science Museum’s new exhibit
- ‘Green’ aviation jet fuel project on schedule
- Strata collaborates with the Energy Institute at the University of Sheffield to produce ‘green’ aviation jet fuel
- Strata’s Dr Roger Kimber appears in Leaders Council podcast alongside Sir Geoff Hurst
- A successful transition to ISO 45001
- New partnership services European Hemp and Cannabis market
- Portable MEG reclamation demonstration plant destined for Gulf of Mexico
- Strata delivers carbon capture project for University of Nottingham
- Strata collaborates on Cranfield University pilot plant
This annual conference run by the Institution of Chemical Engineers, brings together academics, policymakers and industry partners for two days of plenary speakers, talks and poster sessions. This year’s conference focused attention on the theme of “Better Life, Better World” including developments and innovations towards a more sustainable future.
Team Strata attended the event to build relationships and create awareness of Strata’s range of services, particularly in the fields of grant application support and research rig design and build.
Having met and engaged with researchers and academics from a range of UK universities, including Birmingham, Manchester and Queen’s University Belfast, Strata now has a greater understanding of the areas of interest and challenges faced in academic and scientific research.
Many universities are finding their needs cannot be fully met by off-the-shelf equipment so the bespoke engineering services, combined with consultative support, provided by specialist companies such as Strata can offer a viable and cost-effective alternative.
ChemEng Day UK 2018 is being hosted by the University of Leeds with the theme of “Molecules to Manufacturing” and it’s likely that Strata will exhibit in order to further engage with the attending scientific and research community.